Workouts where you get to be noisy and act destructive are the BEST kind of workouts ;-) This one works your body head to toe AND gets your heart rate up - the perfect combo for building strength and burning fat!!
Here's the drill:
1 "clock" slam rep (= 4 slams: side, ctr, other side, ctr)
1 overhead squat
That's 1 rep.
Perform for 45-90seconds of work, followed by 15-30seconds of rest.
Complete 3-5 rounds OR add to a circuit you're doing 3-5 rounds of.
- Slams to the side: Pivot the foot you're turning away from and stick your hips back slightly away from the side you're slamming on.
- Slams in the ctr: Keep your feet flat.
- Every kind of slam: initiate by pulling your shoulders down to lock in your lats and pulling your belly tight to support your lower back, then bend your knees slightly as you slam that ball like you're trying to shatter it!
- Bring the ball all the way up overhead after each slam.
- Keep arms as close to straight as possible, but avoid locking your elbows.
- Engage your lats, (pull shoulders away from ears), and suck your lower belly in so tight that you squeeze your bladder. Uh oh... ;-)
- Hinge your hips back and hold the ball just in your upper peripheral vision, (above your eyebrows), as you squat, trying to get your booty lower than your knees.
- At the bottom of your squat, squeeze your glutes super tight, then press your pinky toes and your heels into the floor as you stand back up out of the squat.
This one tends to be underrated... On a scale of 1-10 how hard do you think it's going to be?? Try it, then rate on a scale of 1-10 how hard it actually was. Tell me what both of your ratings were on IG/TW/FB @cassiebstrong!