To be "fit", you NEED to be mobile! Mobility is easily the most ignored aspect of physical fitness. Stretching reduces tension in muscles and joints, which relieves both physical and mental stress, alleviates aches and pains, and promotes efficient and maximal recovery from workouts.
The stretches in this video focus on loosening up the muscles that tend to create tension in the knees, hips and lower back. Slow, constant movement, like I'm doing in the beginning of the video, is a perfect, dynamic movement for a pre-workout warm-up. Holding these stretches will be more affective when your muscles are warm, post-workout.
- Keep your feet flat & weight evenly distributed through your entire foot during the squat.
- When you straighten your legs, straighten your spine too - even if it means your head isn't as close to the floor!
- When you straighten your legs, press your chest as close to between your legs as possible - but don't forget the note above!!
- When you lunge to the side, keep the foot of your bent knee flat on the floor - don't let your heel lift, just reach your booty farther back.
- When you lunge to the side, you should feel a deep stretch in the inner thigh of your straight leg, your "adductors".
How much did your body love these stretches?! Tell me on IG/TW/FB @cassiebstrong!