I love drills like this to burn out your body at the end of a workout. I also keep them in my back pocket for days I can't get to the gym and/or don't have any equipment available to me. In just 6-10 minutes, you can get your heart rate up, work every major muscle group AND get a good sweat going!
Here's your drill:
*1min/movement series x 3-5 rounds [no rest between movements]
A. Plank Series: 2 Low Plank Oblique Crunches; March to High Plank for 2 Cross Under Crunches; March Down to Low Plank & Repeat from beginning.
B. 2 Lunge Jacks + 2 Squat Jacks; repeat for full 60 seconds.
Notes on form:
- Engage lats, squeeze glutes, and tighten quads to maintain a straight spine & keep hips squared up with the floor.
- As you march up & down, avoid letting your hips twist so one drops closer to the floor!
- Land softly, with upright posture, & in proper lunge position: front foot flat, back foot with heel lifted, and weight equally distributed between front & back foot.
- Drive through the heel of your front foot as you push off the toe of your back foot to jump your feet together.
- Land softly, with upright posture, & in proper squat position: feet flat, loading the heels of each foot, hips hinged back behind you and knees bent at least 90 degrees.
- Drive through your heels as you jump your feet back together.
How many rounds were you able to power through?! Tell me on FB/IG/TW @cassiebstrong!