These babies are a doozy!! Don't let the simplicity fool you - they may not bark but boy do they bite! When we did this in our Body Fix routine, people felt their hips for daysssss (myself included)!
Perform 8-15 reps (moving front & back = 1 rep) for 2-4 sets.
Your first couple times doing this, I'd recommend starting with lower reps for 3 sets or keeping it to 2 sets if you prefer to do a higher rep count. The catch with this exercise is that you'll begin to compensate, (use the wrong muscles to get the job done), which could lead to tension that creates pain beyond the soreness. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Notes on form:
- Lay on your side with a straight spine & hips hinged (body in slight angle, not completely straight).
- Put the band at mid-calf, and point the toe of the working leg.
- Keep the knee of your working leg straight through the entire set!
- Keep your hips stacked through the entire set. Don't let your top hip move front and back along with your leg!
- Keep your belly pulled in tight & always be conscious not to let your lower back arch when you move your leg back.
- Make sure your leg movement draws an arch ("rainbow"). Moving it up & over - instead of just front to back - is what engages your smaller glute muscles, which builds strength in the top of your booty.
How many days did you feel this exercise after you tried it?! Tell me on IG/TW: @cassiebstrong #BStrong!