You know that muffin top area?? This one blasts the muscles in that area! You know what though? It doesn't blast the fat. So, DO THIS to strengthen your lower abdominals. DO THIS to create definition in that area for when you do blast the fat away. But don't expect doing this exercise - alone - to make your lower belly look exactly the way you imagine. You gotta keep it intense in the gym and really watch what you consume in order to make these muscles more visible.
With that said, this is super important to do no matter what because is trains your core to better stabilize your lower spine, and since many of us experience lower back pain, this needs to be an area we focus on often.
Try 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets. I love adding this to a circuit so I can target every area of my core!
Notes on form:
- Knees over hips. Not over belly button, not over chest.
- Knees in 90 degree angles. Shins parallel to floor.
- Lower spine is constantly pressing down into floor through entire movement.
- Angle of knees never changes through entire movement.
- Squeeze your glutes super tight to support your lower back as your legs lower and lift.
- Only lower your legs as far as you can without your back arching. If you don't touch the floor that's OK!!
How many reps did you get your first time trying?! Tell me on IG/TW: @cassiebstrong!