Some of you may remember this gem from BFX Burn last week! Grab gliders, paper plates, or small towels to put under the ball of each foot, (keep your heels on the floor as your "brake" system!), and do this movement series to work your thighs and booty from every angle!
Perform 10-15 reps on each side for 3-4 sets.
Notes on form:
- 1 knee bends; the knee of the sliding leg stays straight
- Keep all your weight in the heel of your standing leg and reach your bum backward as your chest lowers down toward your knee ("hinge your hips")
- Keep your spine straight and pull your shoulders down away from your ears to support your back
- Keep all your weight in your standing leg... you'll feel like you're going to pull your groin if you're letting weight shift into your gliding leg.
- Both knees bend to 90 degree angles; even the foot that crosses back
- Leg that crosses back does NOT tuck under front leg. Your knee is directly under your hips, not under your front thigh.
- Keep your spine straight and your chest upright through entire movement.
- This is a plyometric ("explosive") exercise when done on the gliders. If you move too slowly you'll struggle with getting your feet to glide.
- Lift your heels so your toes are free to glide.
- Drop your heels as you bend your knees to your squat position, (don't forget this part or you'll end up in a split!).
- Keep your belly super tight so that the muscles stabilizing your pelvis stay supported and less vulnerable to injury.
How many reps did you get through on each side before you felt it? Were you surprised?! Tell me on IG/TW: @cassiebstrong #BStrong!