Here's a KILLER equipment-free Leg Day finisher, or a great drill to do at home when you're pressed for time.
Here's the drill:
20sec/movement = 1min/round.
No rest between rounds.
A. Modified Prisoner Squats
B. Alternating Squat & Lunge Jumps
C. High Knees.
Perform 3-5 rounds; that's 3-5min of work!
Oh & fair warning... it's gonna burn ;-)
Notes on form:
[A. Modified Prisoner Squats]
- Aim to keep a 90 degree angle in your knees at all times - you never stand up!
- When you step your foot back, aim to land it directly in line with your hip. Avoid crossing that foot back behind your other foot - that's a curtsy lunge - save it for another day ;-)
- When you step your foot forward and into the squat position, keep your weight loaded in the heels of both feet and evenly between your feet.
- Suck that lower belly in super tight the whole time to support your lower back.
[B. Alternating Squat & Lunge Jumps]
- The same notes about foot position and were your weight should land from A apply here!
- Now you CAN straighten your legs!! BUT only when your feet are off the floor. So, if you're not squatting or lunging, you're jumping... and if you're not jumping, you're squatting or lunging. Hurts just to read, huh? ;-)
- Land soft! It'll engage and challenge your core way more, AND your joints will love you for it.
[C. High Knees]
- Stay up on your toes.
- Get your knees as high as your belly button!
- SPRINT! Move as fast as you possibly can! (The faster you pump your arms, the faster your feet will follow).
How many rounds did you accomplish your 1st attempt?! Tell me on IG/TW/FB @cassiebstrong!