FYI... Today is National Pancake Day! Now, before you go making plans at IHOP to eat stacks of ooey gooey pancakes made with ingredients you know nothing about, take a look at this recipe. First off, it's SO quick! The kind of thing you can prep and cook when you need food NOW. Second, there are minimal ingredients, [4 to be exact], that are all healthy for you. Last, and probably most important, aside from the plates you eat these babies off from, you've only got 3 things to clean: a Nutribullet cup & blade, a pan, and a spatula. Check out the 4 ingredients below.
- Water or Milk (Almond, Coconut, or Dairy if you prefer)
- OPTIONAL: I also throw in Flax Seeds to make my pancakes more nutrient dense
- Heat your pan to medium heat, then throw a dab of coconut oil, [or any oil you prefer!] in.
- Grab your smaller-sized Nutribullet cup & dump your oats in there.
- Every 1/4 of the cup you fill = about 4 small pancakes or 2 large pancakes.
- Throw in 1-2 tsp of cinnamon with your oats.
- Add you Flax Seeds if you want to use them.
- Screw on the blade, then mix it for 5-10sec to mull the oats into a flour.
- Add a single egg if you're cooking 2-4 large pancakes/4-8 small. Or add 2 eggs if you're making more.
- Pour in your milk until you've matched 1/2 of the amount of flour in the cup.
- Throw the blade back on & mix for about 10sec until the mix turns to a batter.
- If it's too thin, no stress! The oat flour, just like oats, will absorb the liquid. So you can wait a few minutes until the batter is the consistency you prefer.
- All that is super quick, so be sure your pan is actually heated.
- Once the pan is hot enough, pour the batter right from the cup and into the pan.
And that's really it! I know you know how to take it from there. Make the pancakes your desired size, dress them with the toppings you enjoy, [personally, I love bananas, walnuts & maple syrup!], and have a happy National Pancake Day, guilt, [& mess], free!
How did your 1st attempt at these go?! Snap a pic & show me on FB/IG/TW @cassiebstrong!
B Well & Happy National Pancake Day!