Stretching your sides may be one of the most underestimated ways of energizing yourself. Something about waking up the muscles that surround your major organs feels amazing for your body.
Purpose: to lengthen your sides from your hip to your shoulder, reducing tension in the lats and hips.
- Feet a little wider than hips, turn both toes right and poke your left hip side - "stick your sass out!"
- Reach left arm to ceiling and look at it, don't look away.
- Drag right hand down inseam of right leg. Goal is to reach your ankle, (if not today, eventually).
- Right knee can bend, left leg stays straight, left arm always points straight to ceiling.
- Are you still looking at your left hand?!
- Once you get as low as you can without your left knee bending, press your right arm into your right elbow & twist your chest open toward the ceiling.
[Windmill Reach Over]
Purpose: to further lengthen serratus & lat muscles.
- Once you're at the bottom of the windmill & have taken several deep breaths, slowly let your left arm reach side & over your head and hold there for several more breaths.
[Staggered Stance Forward Fold]
Purpose: To stretch hamstrings and reduce tension in hips so pelvis can move toward proper alignment.
- Slowly rotate your chest toward your front leg, pivot your feet to point in the direction of your front leg, and drop each hand to either side of your front foot.
- Relax your neck, let your head hang.
- Square up your hips; whatever foot is in back, that hip should be no further back, hips are side by side.
How energized do you feel now?! Tell me on IG/FB/TW @cassiebstrong!