This is a series we've been doing with the band in Body Fix lately! 3 leg lifts: directly side, diagonally back, and straight back, followed by 1 squat jack, then repeating with the other leg. Alternating back and forth between sides, you can do 10-20 reps per set (5-10 per side).
If you want to make this series a little more challenging - don't alternate between sides! Perform all 5-10 reps on one side before completely just as many on the other side.
Notes on form:
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Pull your lower belly in tight and squeeze your glutes so that your pelvis does not tilt anteriorly or posteriorly (no arched or rounded lower back!).
- When you lift your leg, aim to completely straighten it in the direction you lift before lowering it back to the floor.
- Isolate your leg and avoid using the momentum of kicking it, focus on lifting with control.
- For squat jack, keep your chest up tall and your spine neutral as you jump.
- Drive through your heels as you jump your feet back together.
What song motivated you to get all your reps and sets of this burner?! Share with me on IG/TW at @cassiebstrong #BStrong!